Thursday, March 29, 2012

Easy Vegan Chili

Okay, I threw this together because I had a hankering for chili (on an 80 degree day?) and didn't have half of the ingredients my cookbooks called for. It turned out great. I don't have measurements on here because I basically just added what didn't look like too much ;) Feel free to add more chili powder/cajun seasoning or what have you if you like it hot!

P.S. Aside from any toppings you may add, this yummy goodness has NO cholesterol, NO saturated fat, and only 1.5 total grams of fat. So enjoy an entire guilt-free bowl (or two)!

  • 1 package soy crumbles
  • 1 can pinto beans in mild chili sauce (check for lard on the label!)
  • 1/2 can diced tomatoes with the juice
  • 1/4 cup water

    Throw all of this in a saucepan and start heating while you sprinkle in oh, say, 1/4 tsp or so of the following: garlic powder, onion powder, cajun seasoning (I use Slap Yo Mama), cumin, curry, chili powder, ground mustard. Then add about a Tbsp or so of maple syrup, and about 3-4 drops of liquid smoke. Mix very well and just leave it in the pan til it's hot.

    I have mine shown here topped with Daiya cheddar and Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream. Enjoy!

  • No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...