Friday, April 13, 2012

Homemade (Easy) Mac & Cheez

I owe you a couple of recipes I've tried recently. Working 7 days a week has me re-learning time management! First the easy one that doesn't require me to write anything down :) By the way, I tried my hand at this because my 3-year-old loves loves loves macaroni and cheese (what toddler doesn't?) and as a southerner it's just one of those staples. He loved it, even though the noodles need to be boiled longer next time.

  • Boil water :D
  • Add 2 cups whole wheat (or quinoa, if you prefer) macaroni noodles. Boil 12-15 minutes.
  • Drain, but don't get hung up on getting every last drop of water out of those noodles - it will help with mixing. Put noodles back in pan.
  • Stir in 1/4 cup shredded Daiya cheddar. Mix well before adding 1 tsp nondairy butter and 1/4 cup nondairy milk. Continue to stir until well mixed. Add more milk or butter if it's not creamy enough for you, but you shouldn't need much more cheez, if any.

    And that is it, folks! Since I hadn't had this childhood favorite since becoming Vegan, it certainly was a treat. I hope you and your family enjoy it too.

  • 1 comment:

    veganelder said...

    An old fave around here...we'll have to give this recipe a try...thanks!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...